OK I know what you are thinking. But hang with me a bit. I have recently been doing a lot of research on what is known as Urine Therapy for my own health concerns, but also out of sheer curiosity. I had heard about using one's own pee on your scalp from a Russian co-worker years ago. I'm pretty sure I just thought her ludicrous and didn't think twice of it.
About 3 weeks ago I was in a health store here in Seattle and decided (without much expectation) to ask the lady working if she had any recommendations for acne products. We got to talking and she told me she was from Poland, which for some reason made me trust what she had to say. After spending months learning about the toxins Americans are exposed to everyday I've grown a great respect for Eastern alternatives and about natural health remedies in general. So I heard her out.
Instead of recommending a really expensive product, she simply said "You are gonna think I'm crazy, but you should consider 'You-ryne' Therapy." I had no clue what she said under her thick accent, so I said "What?" And when she said it again, I said, "Oh!" I think I sat on it for about a week before I even really researched it. Turns out people have been using their own pee for remedies for thousands of years. And I was / am desperate to get rid of my acne without using harmful chemicals, so I decided to take the plunge.
I found out that your pee is essentially excess vitamins, nutrients, minerals, hormones, etc etc that your body couldn't absorb or use- it is not toxic. And so in using your own urine you are basically putting back on your skin (if you decide to use it topically instead of internally - I'm not ready for that yet) what your body didn't absorb the first time. Even more fascinating is the fact that your urine is a snapshot of what your immune system was alarmed by and passed on to your kidneys - in homeopathic fashion, the idea of reintroducing this back into your immune system will give it a second chance to confront the exact same problems. For this reason, Urine Therapy has been successful in treating allergies among other things. And the pharmaceutical industry even uses Urea in many many medicines because of it's many benefits.
Before you stop reading or worse, stop talking to me, ha, please consider the popularity of this naturally remedy. A quick google search will prove just that. It has been used for ailments such as:
Acne
Psoriasis
Cold, Flu
Metabolic problems
Allergies
Digestive problems
Cancer
Lupus
Arthritis
Hepatitis
Diabetes
And more!
I understand that my attempts at convincing alone will not sway the most stubborn readers, so I encourage you to research on your own. I can only vouch for my own success thus far. In 3 weeks I've noticed severe improvement and most of my blemishes heal within a few days instead of a week or more. I can assume this is because of soaking these inflammations with nutrient rich, well - pee! I'll have to update you in the weeks to come since shifting your body's habits and functions can often take months. Go on, read about it!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment